Mechanical Engineering Department
Welcome to the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College of Engineering, Satara was established in 1998, having illustrious history and offers 4-year Bachelor of Engineering, 2- year Master of Technology. The department is vibrant with several activities round the year. We have research focus that benefits industry, society and the environment. The department is fortified with highly motivated faculty members, who besides their regular activities of teaching, do research and interact with industries.
Overview of Department:
The Department is well equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and infrastructural facilities in thrust areas. It has advanced laboratories of Manufacturing, Thermal Engineering, Fluids Engineering, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, latest tools in the work shop, welding shop and carpentry. The department is headed by Prof. Mrs. M. Y. Shinde with 18 years teaching experience. His area of interest includes Machine Drawing, Analysis of Mechanical Elements, Machine Design etc. Mechanical Engineering Student Association (MESA) was formed to accelerate academic activities of students and faculty. The MESA organizes Social Activities, Sports Activities & Technical activities like Seminars, Workshops, Guest Lectures, Student Competitions and Industrial Visits at regular intervals for the benefit of the students. Also, the department takes pride in achievements of its alumni, who have established themselves in various walks of life.
- Department has highly experienced & highly motivated faculties with good academic & industrial experience.
- Well equipped & established class rooms, laboratories, tutorial rooms, faculty rooms & seminar hall.
- Department library with access to online journal publication.
- Department is working on outcome base teaching-learning process.
- Most of the faculty members presented & published papers at several reputed national, international conferences and journals.
- Department provide collaborative initiative with industry.
- Department has soft skill & technical skill development programs for students in coordination with T&P department.
Year of Etablishment:
U. G. : 2001 (Intake: 60)
P. G. : 2011 - 2012 (Intake : 18)
6270 (Intake: 60)
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological Universty Lonere.
To be an eminent department striving for continuous improvement while providing quality education to produce successful mechanical engineers.
M1. To impart quality education through effective teaching learning.
M2.To provide knowledge and hands on skills by collaborating with industries.
M3.Strive for overall development by imparting interpersonal skills.
M4.To promote project based learning to develop sprit of entrepreneurship.